Work From Home Ideas – Get a Job or Build a Business
1 – Get a traditional job you can do at home
With the rise of unemployment rates and the growing difficulty of getting and keeping a job these days, more and more people are looking for ways to make extra money online. And many employers are willing to pay home-based workers because it saves them money. Legit work from home jobs, some full-time and some part-time, are available in the following areas. If you want a traditional job that you can do from home, click on the links below to see real companies that are hiring. If you want more independence and flexibility, keep reading to get more work from home ideas.
2 – Take surveys
You can earn money working from home by taking online surveys.
To avoid fraudulent online offers, look for an online survey site that is associated with a real market research company. If a survey website asks you for money, keep looking. Real market research companies won’t charge you to participate.
Don’t fall for claims that you’ll make a lot of money taking surveys. Realistically, you won’t make a full-time income taking surveys. However, it is a legitimate way to earn extra money from home. Some companies pay in cash and some pay with rewards.
You may not qualify for every company or for every survey. So, sign up with several websites to increase your chances of qualifying. When you do get an invitation for a survey, accept it as soon as possible.
Here is a list of real market research companies offering online surveys for pay.
3 – Browse the internet
Research firms study the habits of people online and will reward people for contributing to their statistics. Swagbucks will pay you to browse, shop, or even play games, all without affecting your privacy. You won’t be able to quit your “day job,” but you can earn extra money from home.
4 – Find a microjob
Microjobs are usually small tasks that can be completely quickly. You might be asked to comment on an article, answer a question, “like” something on Facebook, write a review, or do some other job. Just follow the instructions carefully.
5 – Sell stock photos
You don’t have to be an artist to sell photos. Individuals and businesses need stock photos for all sorts of things and are willing to pay for them. You will need to be quite comfortable with photography and become familiar with what makes a good stock photo. The following websites will provide more information about what is required
6 – Sell your art
If you are an artist, there are legitimate jobs that allow you to work from home. You can earn extra money from home as a cartoonist, illustrator, or photographer.
7 – Become a Web Searcher
Organizations are willing to pay to get good, up-to-date information about the internet. A web searcher locates and collates relevant material from the Web. If you love searching the web for information, then being a web searcher may be a great way for you to make extra money online from home. Check out ClickNWork for more information.
8 – Share Your Expertise
Do you know a little about everything or a lot about one thing? You might be able to answer questions or help others solve problems. Check out these companies if you have some knowledge to share:
9 – Test Websites
Companies will pay to watch you use their websites. User Testing uses an online screen recorder to watch how you use websites. Userlytics lets you give feedback with a webcam and microphone. The information they gather will then be used to help the website developers learn ways to make their sites more user-friendly and effective.
10 – Become a mystery shopper
Mystery shopping is a way for researchers to judge how well stores are serving customers. A mystery shopper is someone who visits an establishment, such as a retail store, restaurant, bank, or hospital. The shopper may make purchases or simply evaluate customer service. For example, if a checkout line is too long, a mystery shopper will evaluate the situation and give his or her suggestions, usually online, on how a company can improve it.
Here are some tips to make sure you’re working with a legit mystery shopping business:
- You shouldn’t have to pay money to become a mystery shopper.
- When you register with a company, make a note of their real email address. Beware of scammers who send out emails pretending to be the real company.
- If you get an email asking you to cash a check or do a “Western Union Mystery Shop,” delete it immediately.
- Don’t provide financial information to anyone requesting it through email.
11 – Be an online juror
Attorneys will pay you to let them practice a jury trial if you meet certain requirements. The feedback you give will help attorneys learn the strengths and weaknesses of their cases. This information allows legal professionals to make better decisions about how to proceed with a case. With some organizations you can actually do the work at home. In others you will need to meet together with other “jurors.” Cases are not guaranteed, though, so you may want to sign up with several organizations. These are some legitimate ways to make money as a “juror.”
12 – Become an internet marketer
The other methods I’ve mentioned will provide opportunities for you to make extra money online. But just like having a traditional away-from-home job, you have to keep doing it to get paid. Here are some of the advantages of becoming an internet marketer:
- You can be your own boss. You don’t have to follow someone else’s agenda, schedule, or ideas. Implement your own. You can do everything yourself to ensure it meets your standards, or involve others to help whenever it suits you.
- You’re not tied to one location. You can run your business from anywhere in the world.
- You have an unlimited target market. Customers can come to your website from anywhere in the world.
- You can sell any number of products. It’s easy to keep up with what’s popular right now and focus on that. Once you have the right tools in place, it doesn’t cost much to set up a new website.
- Internet marketing is one of the cheapest ways to start a business. The more time and money you invest in getting started, the quicker you’ll see results. But if you’re not in a hurry, you could start with almost nothing.
- You have the potential to reap long-term rewards for your efforts. Unlike the other options, internet marketing allows you to set up income streams which can pay you even when you stop working at it. Once you set up a website or blog, for instance, it can work on auto-pilot and provide you with passive income.
So what does it take to succeed as an internet marketer? With this method of working online from home, you’ll need to…
- Be ready to own your own business.
- Prepare to work hard in the beginning to get your business up and running.
- Be comfortable using the internet, and have regular access to a high-speed internet connection.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Be willing to learn a some unfamiliar strategies.
- Apply what you’re learning.
- Be able to organize your workspace and manage your time.
- Be patient with the start-up process.
- Have a goal and a vision that keeps you motivated, because no one will tell you what to do next, though there are some great guides and experts who will help.
If you think you’re ready to build a business of your own rather than work for someone else… Click here to check out my list of favorite internet marketing programs to help you get started.Do you want to get a job or build a home-based business?Get a Job From HomeBuild a Home-Based BusinessVoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.com
If this was helpful, please SHARE it with your friends.
Do you have any work from home ideas to share?
Please leave a comment.